VMware is a software to make a virtual machine in your PC to work like a dedicated PC. This software help use to try before use an operating system. In this post, we'll talk about how to make a virtual machine. VMware is a licensed software, so you have to buy it. Don't to be affraid, the publisher give a trial software to use. If you want a freeware software are like VMware, you can choose virtualbox.
Like before, we'll do this in step-by-step to make you understand how to do it. OK, we start now :
- Absolutely, we have to run our VMware program first.
- Now we click file -- new -- virtual machine. Like in this image below
- After that, you will see a window pop up to start the wizard. We already now what to do right? Just click next button to next window.
- When next button clicked, we will see a window is like image below
- Typical : it's a default computer option. Like a complete computer in real world.
- Custom : we can choose the hardware we want to use or not. This is for advance user and know what he need.
- We choose our guest OS in this window. There are a group of OS in this world. Choose what you want to try. There are five main groups of OS.
- The OS that you choose have to have a name and a directory to place all file.
- Next step we choose our network type. There are four types of network, use bridged networking, use NAT, use host-only networking, and the last don't use a network connection.
- After choosing your OS, we continue to set your virtual harddisk drive. And this is our final task
- Just click finish, and you are ready to run your virtual machine. Don't forget to load your OS CD installation first to your CD-ROM.