Solve the Problems : Running Android Emulator in Windows 7

Posted by Otak Komputer on Friday 12 March 2010

android and windows 7
Android is a mobile operating system that uses a modified version of the Linux kernel. It was initially developed by Android Inc., a firm later purchased by Google, and lately by the Open Handset Alliance. It allows developers to write managed code in the Java language, controlling the device via Google-developed Java libraries.
The unveiling of the Android distribution on 5 November 2007 was announced with the founding of the Open Handset Alliance, a consortium of 47 hardware, software, and telecom companies devoted to advancing open standards for mobile devices.Google released most of the Android code under the Apache License, a free software and open source license.
On Feb 16, 2010 Google announced that 60,000 android cell phones are shipping per day.
That's a brief talking about android. After read it, I'm interesting want to find out how to develop an application that running above it. So I decide to download the Android SDK and eclipse plugin, ADT plugin. It help me to write the source code program with eclipse and run it with AVD, android virtual device.
Before write a new code, I think to test fist the emulator to know it really work or not. As I afraid, it's totally didn't work at all. I have a little error message that you will see in this image below

error when running android emulator in windows 7
I'm asking to myself what's going on in here? First time I'm thinking about user access to the system, because windows 7 has a restricted access to administrator to run all system. So I set all file with .exe extension with administrator privileged.  Run it again and still have same error. I try to find the way to solve it and browse internet to find another people that have same question with me. They said it because a different storage between userpath and our avd folder location. And this one solve my problem.
  1. First step, copy the folder .android folder
  2. Paste it to your user directory on X:/user/username/
  3. Never delete your .android to keep your harddisk space because it will make you loose you avd
that's all for solving my problem. I hope you will find this one when running an avd

emulator running
check this one out

Blog, Updated at: 07:20

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive