DjVu Reader

Posted by Otak Komputer on Wednesday 2 December 2009


I found something unfamiliar file type called djvu yesterday when looking for an e-book. What is this? I don't what's that, but google know that. DjVu.org said "DjVu (pronounced 'déjà vu') is a digital document format with advanced compression technology and high performance value". So this are one of document type that used on internet. It gives me a surprise, because I only know pdf and chm format for e-book, hehehe. Ok, that's not matter. And the real problem, how to open and read it??
There are so many way to do that, using paid program, free program, and use plugin on our browser. Buy a software to do that? I don't think so, because I don't have enough money for that. So my choice is using free program. Why I buy an expensive program while free program can do it for me, right.
Now we'll talk about this free program, called IrfanView. IrfanView is a very fast, small, compact and innovative FREEWARE (for non-commercial use) graphic viewer for Windows 9x, ME, NT, 2000, XP, 2003 , 2008, Vista, Windows 7.See underlining phrase? We use this program just for home purpose only, not for business. We need to download installer and plugin for this porgram. You can find it at IrfanView website. After download it, first install the installer then plugin second. OK, that's all for this posting. 
How about using plugin in browser? I've forgotten what it's name, but in fact you just need install that plugin. Browser that plugin support is Internet Explorer. After installation, you can open djvu file with IE. How to save it as pdf? You just need to print it, choose print as pdf.

Blog, Updated at: 11:13

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive